Life is too short to spend struggling with food issues. There is a way out of the cycle you’re in. I know because I’ve been there. And I got out.
Ever since, it’s been my passion to help women like you break through their limitations with food to live the fullest and most vibrant lives possible.
And it is possible.
At Live the Whole, I use actionable, research-based processes combined with mind-body nutrition and positive psychology to break through your food barriers.
We transform emotional eating, binge eating, overeating, and food addiction into freedom and ease around food.
We don’t use restrictive diets here. We don’t use force and denial. You’ve already tried that and you know it doesn’t work. You know how much it hurts.
We use exploration, curiosity, mindfulness, and empowerment to bring you to a place of peace and power…where you’re in the driver’s seat and food is just a passenger.
Who Am I?
Hi, I’m Sam!
I’m originally from New Zealand, but I’ve been living, working, and loving in South Korea, Bali, and now Sweden for a number of years.
Considering I was born on a sheep farm in the country (ok, I was actually born in a hospital, but you know what I mean), fast-paced city life fascinates me.
My favorite thing to do in new places? EAT! True story.
And speaking of stories – I love them. My name Samantha means a listener, and it’s true…I like to listen to stories, especially if they involve food. Double win!
I help women with food issues because I’ve been there…feeling out of control with food. I used food to cope with my negative emotions. My stress eating was emotionally damaging and ended up causing health problems and weight gain.
With some outside help, I realized I was using food to suppress the negative emotions I had been taught I shouldn’t express. By learning to accept and work with these emotions, I was able to heal.
I studied Psychology in University, fascinated by the mind-body connection.
I became an Eating Psychology Coach to journey with women like you through this transformation in your relationship with food.
This journey is about so much more than food. It’s about setting yourself free and living the life of your dreams.
10 Fun Facts About Me:
1. I love my job.
2. I can’t stop learning. I have a bachelor’s degree, a master’s degree, am a Certified Eating Psychology Coach, and am currently studying for my diploma in clinical counseling.
3. I’m obsessed with bubble tea. I once took a trip to Taiwan just because it’s the home of bubble tea. I was not disappointed.
4. I love dogs and am passionate about responsible pet ownership.
5. My favorite TV show is Awkward. Yes, it is totally ok for a grown woman to enjoy MTV teen programming. Uh, right?
6. I prefer to put bugs outside rather than kill them.
7. I’ve moved house over 30 times.
8. My favorite hobby is reading and my favorite fiction book is The Stand by Stephen King.
9. I once worked as a photographer taking photos of kids with Santa.
10. I always cry at sad movies.