Feeling stuck? Bogged down? A bit heavy and like you’re getting nowhere on this health journey?
Ugh, it happens to us all.
Even health coaches. Who go on vacation, get a sunburned belly, and have to take a few days off their 30 day yoga challenge because it hurts to move.
I mean… um… not that I did that.
Ok, I did that. And it made me feel kinda down about my journey… So I’ve come up with 5 quick tips to get me back on track and feeling good in my body.
Interestingly, if you’re feeling heavy and stuck in your body the best way to counter it is to embody – focus on being IN your body 🙂 You can feel lighter, brighter, and healthier just by doing some of these quick tricks below:
1) Take a nap
- Seriously, it’s like pressing ‘reset’ on your day. A quick 20 minutes of shut-eye can lighten you up, reduce stress, and help get you back on track for the day. If you don’t have time for this (and I’m pretty sure most of us don’t most days) try out a calm.com session. They come as short as 5 minutes and are a great way to reset your brain so your body can follow.
2) Try some healthy swaps
- Try the ‘swap’ method: at various times throughout your day simply swap one unhealthy-ish choice for a better option. Water instead of soda, stairs instead of elevator, compliments instead of gossip. It all adds up and helps you move towards where you want to be, helps you feel into yourself and your body, and connect with your inner-lightness.
3) Get it on!
- You’re exercise clothes, I mean. Not much gets you out of your head and into your body like some good movement. There also is a lot of evidence that exercise is really good for us. It helps us manage stress and mood problems, helps our bodies get/stay healthy and flexible, and it can be super fun. You have to find what works for you, for what stage of life you’re at, but to get the most benefits you should aim for some high-quality, fun movement every day.
4) Soak in some sunshine
- Go outside and be in the sunshine. This is such an easy thing to do, and so easy to forget. Sunlight helps our bodies make vitamin D (which is actually a pretty important hormone), and can lift our mood and make us healthier. Just by feeling the warmth of the sun on your skin, you’ll be feeling your body, getting out of your stuck-in-a-rut routine, and feeling lighter.
5) Just listen
- To your body. Why do you feel heavy? Why do you sense ‘stuckness’? What is it trying to tell you about your life, routines, or habits? This is the real key to embodiment and lightness: learning to listen to your body. If you can be kind to yourself and feel what your body is trying to tell you, you will find what makes you feel good.
So there are my 5 quick tips to getting back on track to feeling great and being in my body with lightness and ease. In fact, right now I’m going to go for walk (exercise AND sunshine) to buy a healthy lunch (healthy swap) before settling down and spending 10 minutes of my lunch break on calm.com.
What do you do to feel lighter and more in-tune with your body?